BCCI sets up Ad-Hoc Committee in Uttarakhand and Bihar
Move aimed to facilitate budding cricketers in the state
BCCI announces Ad-Hoc Committee for Cricket Administration in Bihar and Uttarakhand
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today announced Ad-Hoc Committee for Cricket Administration in the states of Bihar and Uttarakhand.
1. Niranjan Shah, Chairman
2. Vinod Phadke, Hon. Secretary, Goa Cricket Association
3. Sourav Dasgupta, Hon. Secretary, Tripura Cricket Association
4. Bharat Zaveri, Executive Member, Gujarat Cricket Association
5. Prof R. S, Shetty, GM – Game Development, BCCI, Coordinator.
1. M. P. Pandove, Chairman
2. Vishal Marwaha, Hon. Secretary, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association
3. Subir Ganguly, Hon. Joint Secretary, Cricket Association of Bengal
4. Vinod Shah, Vice President, Maharashtra Cricket Association
5. KVP Rao, Manager, Game Development, BCCI. Coordinator
Anurag Singh Thakur, Secretary said, “due to infighting among different associations present in these states, aspiring cricketers of these states have to suffer for no fault of theirs. To ensure cricket grows in these states, the BCCI has decided to form an Ad-Hoc Committee for these states, which will function, till the affiliation issues of these states are resolved.” This will ensure participation of budding cricketers from these states in the BCCI Associate and Affiliate members tournament, this season onwards. Anurag Singh Thakur added, “during my recent visit to Bihar, I got representations of at least 17 organisations to start cricket once again in Bihar and similarly I’ve got representations of various organisations in Uttarakhand, who have lost on playing opportunity after bifurcation of Uttar Pradesh.”