Published On: Sun, Jan 7th, 2018

Dehradun-Pantnagar flight services to begin from March-April onwards

Share This
Tags

The Regional Connectivity Service, i.e. flight scheme, may start in the state from March-April. The bidding process has been started by the central government. It is believed that for the first time this service will be operated for Dehradun-Pantnagar. After this, it will also be operated on other routes across Uttarakhand.

On behalf of the Center, flying plan has been launched to provide affordable air services to the common man across the country. It is proposed to be run in five places of the state. Under this scheme, cheap fare will be taken from the passengers. The state government will bear 20 percent of the remaining actual rent and the remaining 80 percent by the central government. Under Regional Connectivity Service, air service will be started between Dehradun and Pantnagar at first. Air Deccan has also been signed for this. Earlier, the service was being operated from October. After this, its deadline was shifted December 2017. Despite this, the service was not started. After the constant demand from the state government to start this air service soon, Air Deccan has now said that this air service should be operated between March-April. Even if the scheme is of center but the state government is also preparing for it. Under this 50 personnel of the police are being given training under the Bureau of Civil Aviation courses to ensure smooth work in the airports.

The State Government has requested the license of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation for the operation of the airport in Nainisaini, Pithoragarh, for other routes like this. Apart from this, this facility is proposed to be operated between Gauchar and Munasiyari also. For this, bidding process will be started from the center soon.

Leave a comment

: