Government of Uttarakhand gave permission to run Sea-Plane in Tehri Lake on Wednesday to promote tourism activities. The decision was taken in the meeting of the State Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat.
After the meeting, Cabinet Minister and State Government Spokesperson Madan Kaushik told reporters that the draft of the government sent by the Indian government to run the Sea-Plane has been accepted by the state cabinet. He said that the plan of the Government of India will be to run in the lake made on the Tehri dam on the Si-Plane under the ‘Flight’. For this, the Government of Uttarakhand, Government of India and the Airports Authority of India (AAI) will sign a separate MOU. Apart from this, the state government will also arrange for 2.5 acres of land around the lake. To fly the seaplane, “Viability gap funding will be done, which will be replicated by the Center and the state government in the ratio of 80 and 20 percent, respectively”.
Madan Kaushik informed that in another decision, the Uttarakhand government will make a deal with the National University of Singapore to make Dehradun a smart city. This University will conduct a study in this regard and prepare its report in a year and submit it to the government. For this study, the state government will give 2.5 million dollars to the university.
In the cabinet meeting, these important decisions were decided, which Madan Kaushik informed about-
- A committee was constituted under the chairmanship of Additional Chief Secretary to fix service conditions on the transfer of service of 27 Secretariat personnel belonging to corporations, departments of different departments.
- The Department of Micro Small and Enterprises, the state government will sign a 2.5 million Singapore dollar contract with National University of Singapore for Dehradun smart City, Micro and Small Enterprises feasibility report.
- Under Sea-Plane, VAT has been reduced from 20 percent to 1 percent in fuel. It will be operating from Tehri Lake. Arrangements have been made under the agreement between the State Government, Government of India, Airports Authority of India.
- Sixty two acres of land under fuels will be provided under Sea-Plane, if there is a loss if there are no tourist, 80 percent of the amount will be borne by the central government and 20 percent of the state government will compensate.
- 50 posts were created by making Uttarakhand Food Medical Cadre Manuals.
- Provincial medical and dentistry personnel will be given relief in higher pay scales, holidays etc.