Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) declared the results of the Civil Services final 2018 examination on Friday. In it from Bombay IIT B. Tech Kanishka Katariya has topped, while Srishti Jayant Deshmukh has emerged as the topper among women. By the way she has fifth rank in over all.
A statement issued by UPSC said that the Commission has recommended the names of 759 (577 male and 182 female) candidates for the recruitment in services like IAS, IPS and IFS. Kataria coming from the Scheduled Castes has B.Tech in Computer Science. He took mathematics as an alternative subject. Deshmukh, the topper among women, has BE in Chemical Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University, Bhopal. The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination was held on 3 June 2018.
The person who got the All India First rank in the final examination of the UPSC has given credit to his girlfriend in his success. Kanishka Kataria told the news agency that he would like to thank his parents, along with his sister and girlfriend for their moral support. Many users on social media have described it as historic. Many users wrote while commenting that this is the first time that a UPSC topper is giving open credit to his girlfriend.
Highlights of UPSC Result 2018
The final results of Civil Services Examination (CSE), 2018 have been declared yesterday, 5th April, 2019. The following are the highlights of the result:
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2018 was conducted on 3rdJune, 2018. 10,65,552 candidates applied for this examination, out of which 4,93,972 candidates actually appeared.
- A total of 10,468 candidates qualified for appearance in the Written (Main) Examination which was held in Sep – Oct, 2018.
- A total of 1994 candidates qualified for the Personality Test conducted in Feb – Mar, 2019.
- A total of 759 candidates (577 men and 182 women) have been recommended by the Commission for appointment to various Services.
- Kanishak Kataria (Roll No. 1133664) has topped the Civil Services Examination, 2018. He belongs to SC Category. He qualified the examination with Mathematics as his optional subject. He has graduated with B. Tech (Computer Science& Engineering) degree from IIT, Bombay.
- Ms. Srushti Jayant Deshmukh (Roll No. 0404032) is the topper among the women candidates securing an overall Fifth rank. She has graduated with B.E.(Chemical Engineering) from Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal.
- The top 25 candidates comprise 15 men and 10 women.